Thursday, November 13, 2008

The joy of small things

I wake up every morning,
longing the day would collapse soon.
I drag myself along,
sustaining and not living.
Heart is running faster each day
to catch I don't know what.
Have I lost the joy of small things,
overlooking the most beautiful presents in life?

I see the sparrows chirping
and the flowers dancing to the breeze tune,
Things in which I once found beauty
have become just another entity.
My mind accelerates to the days
when every second seemed splendid.
Then the very smile of a dear one
brought joy and serenity to life.

At night, as I lay down on my bed,
recollecting the tedious day.
I think about the millions
who do not have a tomorrow.
The thought awakens my senses,
I can see, all that I have is this breath.
Let me savour each bit of life
because all that I own is a moment.

No comments: